Baby It's Cold Outside..


 It snowed yesterday, the skies were grey, the wind were blowing and not a snowflake stuck.  It hit ground and poof it was gone.  The beauty of snow with no after effects.  But I love the color of the clouds and sky during a snow.  There is a bluish grey cast to the sky that you only see in the winter during a snow.

This morning I felt the need to art journal.  This time I pulled two pages from the Artist Almanac 2022, January 5 and January 26, then anything else that was within reach.  I had some of Tim Holtz collage papers.  I adhered the papers to the page.  Then I pulled out my stencils, I used stencils by Tim Holtz, Dylusions and Stencil Girl Products.  Then the fun began, I played with Stencil Butter, Seth Apter Pigment Inks, Copic markers and gesso to build and layer.  

Recently I stumbled upon an Instagram post where a mixed media artist would layer and layer and then cover it all up with paint.  

After I adhered the papers, stenciled with my butter and paints, it needed to be "pulled together".  So I took out the gesso and watered it down and washed everything with a coat.  In my impatience, I kind of messed up some of the stenciling.  To fix things, I dropped my number stencil right back on top of and daubed on some pigment ink.  Crisis averted.

Still not finished and too impatient to wait for it to dry...out came the heat gun and with gentle heating I was able to pull out my sharpies, my fine point Posca marker and did some tracing and defining.

I did some doodling and defining of edges and with the straight edge of my pallet knife I picked up the remaining of gesso and pigment inks and scratched paint around.  Oddly it's one of my favorite techniques.

Then kept up with layering of paint, stenciling and bits and piece until it looked "done"  I captured my snow color skies to my satisfaction. 

Well time to clear the desk for the next time creativity strikes! 




Comments

Popular Posts